Hilton Hotels & Resorts – Our Stage Your Story – Vision Boards Contest (the “Contest”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry, and who are also registered users of www.twitter.com and/or facebook.com and/or www.instagram.com.. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Hilton, Inc. (“Sponsor” and “Administrator”,GSD&M, HZDG,., Edelman and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers (collectively referred to herein after as “Contest Parties”) and members of their immediate family (spouse, and parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or those living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible.omotions, offers or discounts and is not valid for existing reservations or groups. Rate is non-transferrable or redeemable for cash, and cannot be used during future stays.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Starting March 22, 2016 at 8:00 a.m. EDT , through April 7, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EDT (the “Submission Period”), entrants may enter the Contest via Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram. To enter entrants must (i) create a vision board using the OurStageYourStory.com vision board site ii) Log onto their Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram account; (iii) follow @HiltonHotels on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram; v) ; (iv) upload their vision board to any of the following a) Hilton’s facebook brand page, b) user’s personal Twitter account or c) user’s personal Instagram account. Posts must include the hashtags #HiltonStory and #ContestEntry.
An entrant’s Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram post is considered one (1) entry (“Entry” or “Entries”) into the Contest. There are no limits to the number of entries during the Submission Period. Each Entry submitted must be a unique Entry not previously submitted to the Contest. All fully completed Entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries.” By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Sponsor’s clock is the official time keeping device for the Contest. Incomplete and/or inaccurate Entries are void. Once submitted, all Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged nor returned.
3. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICIATION AND ODDS OF WINNING: There will be three (3) random drawings during the Contest period on or around the following dates: March 25, 2016, April 1, 2016 and April 8, 2016. , Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding, will select two (2) potential winners via random drawing from among all Eligible Entries received at time of drawing each week. Limit one (1) prize per person, limit two (2) prizes awarded per drawing date. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of Eligible Entries received. Potential winner will be notified via Facebook comment on their post, Twitter Direct Message or Instagram comment on potential winner’s post and will be required to confirm his/her email address and/or street address for paperwork delivery and/or prize delivery within 48 hours of notification. If a potential winner does not confirm his/her address within 48 hours of initial contact, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner(s) will be selected in a from among Eligible Entries. The potential winners may be required to provide a photocopy of their government issued ID to verify age; sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, and where legal, a Publicity Release; as well as provide an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within eight (8) hours, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner(s). Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or lack of response by a potential winner(s) noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate potential winner(s).
If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram account used to enter the Contest (as per the Facebook/Twitter/Instagram account provider’s records). The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram account is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider, social media platform or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning accounts associated with the submitted Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram account.
4. PRIZE CONDITIONS AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): Six (6) Grand Prize winners will receive Two (2) ‘Be My Guest’ certificates valid for use at any Hilton Hotels & Resorts property around the world. Transportation to and from hotel of choice will be the sole responsibility of the winner, any other expenses not specifically mentioned herein as part of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner(s), including but not limited to, taxes, tips, entertainment, meals, , spending money and incidentals. Sponsor is not responsible for any weather, traffic, national security or airline issues that prevent winner and guest from using Prize, in which event any missed portion of the prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided. Winner and guest must comply with all prize rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of prize. ARV of each Prize: USD$462.00
Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No substitution or transfer/assignment of prize by winner permitted. If by reason of printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number of prizes set forth in these rules, Sponsor will determine the winner by random draw from among the disputed/claimed winners. Under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded. Prizes are awarded "AS IS."
Federal, state, and local taxes on prizes, if any, and any other costs, fees and expenses not listed above as specifically included as part of the prize are the sole responsibility of winner. An IRS form 1099 and other tax-related forms and documents may be issued by Sponsor if required by law.
5. ENTRY GUIDELINES: All contents of entrants’ Facebook posts, Tweet(s) and/ or Instagram posts must be have been created specifically for the Contest. Facebook posts, Tweets and/or Instagram posts must not include or depict any of the following: obscenity, inappropriate language, nudity, explicit sexual activity, illegal drug or alcohol use, violence, third party commercial products, unauthorized copyrighted or trademarked properties, including brand names and logos (other than Sponsor’s trademarked properties), private property, unless entrant has obtained a property release specific for uses specified herein, material that is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, disparaging, slanderous, libelous, or otherwise unlawful, material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or any other intellectual property rights, material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, personal identifiable information, including but not limited to, license plates, phone numbers, personal addresses, and any other content, including but not limited to, text, images, graphics, photographs, captions and descriptions, that could be considered inappropriate or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
6. ENTRANT’S REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that: (a) it has all rights to the contents of the Facebook, Tweet or Instagram post and all components thereof, and that entrant has obtained all rights, consents, and permissions, including, but not limited to, those of any persons that may have participated in the Facebook, Tweet or Instagram post, necessary to grant Sponsor the rights granted herein; (b) that the Facebook, Tweet or Instagram post was created specifically for Contest; (c) that the Facebook, Tweet or Instagram post, in whole or in part, has not been released commercially or entered into another contest; (d) the Facebook, Tweet or Instagram post does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (e) the Facebook, Tweet or Instagram post is free and clear of any and all liens or claims with respect to the use of the Facebook, Tweet or Instagram post in the manner authorized herein, and will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever; and (f) the Facebook, Tweet or Instagram post complies with the Entry Guidelines above.
All entrants, whether a winner or not, agree that in consideration for being considered to enter this Contest, they are granting Contest Parties, (a) the right, but not the obligation, to edit, adapt, reformat, rearrange, modify, combine with other material, add to and/or customize Facebook, Tweet and/or Instagram post; and (b) the non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free, right and license to exhibit, display, broadcast, copy, reproduce, encode, compress, encrypt, incorporate data into, broadcast, rebroadcast, transmit, record, publicly perform, create derivatives works of, distribute and synchronize in timed relation to visual elements, and or otherwise exploit, the Facebook, Tweets or Instagram posts, and/or any portions or excerpts thereof, in any manner, including advertising, promoting and publicizing Sponsor, an unlimited number of times, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without any additional liability, obligation or additional payment of any kind to entrant or any third party. Select Facebook, Tweets and/or Instagram posts deemed suitable by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may be liked, re-shared, re-tweeted and/or re-grammed throughout the Submission Period. Entrants agree that Sponsor may use, ask or post the Facebook, Tweet or Instagram post, in whole or in part. Sponsor is not obligated to use, publish, display or broadcast any Facebook, Tweet or Instagram post. Facebook, Tweet and Instagram post materials become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Receipt of Facebook, Tweets or Instagram posts will not be acknowledged.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Facebook, Tweet or Instagram post that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Facebook, Tweet or Instagram post. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND TECHNOLOGY: To the extent of any conflict between these Official Rules and the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, these Official Rules will apply. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. By entering, each entrant agrees to comply with and be bound to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all aspects. Unclaimed or unawarded prizes may not be awarded. Contest Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered entries, telephone calls, text messages or emails or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate website’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Contest Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of entry will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. Contest Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrant's or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Should any portion of the Contest be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper entry of this Contest, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and randomly select the winner from valid entries received prior to action taken, or otherwise as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor. Should Sponsor terminate Contest, notice will be posted on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by @HiltonHotels as of date of termination. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest or site is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law. Additional restrictions may apply.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Contest Parties resulting from user's participation in, or attempt to participate in, the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the entrant thereby releases Contest Parties and Facebook and Twitter and Instagram from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant’s participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize, recipient agrees that Contest Parties and Facebook and Twitter and Instagram and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, including death, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or offer; from participation in any prize-related activity or any travel related thereto which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or offer.
9. GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor, shall be constructed and governed by the laws of the state of Virginia, without regard to conflicts of law. All suits or claims brought in connection with this Contest must be brought in a state or federal court in McLean, Virginia.
10. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
12. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to the SPONSOR: Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marketing Team, 7930 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA, U.S.A 22102.
13. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Contest is Hilton, Inc., 7930 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA, U.S.A 22102.
14. ADMINISTRATOR: The Administrator of the Contest is Hilton, Inc., 7930 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA, U.S.A 22102.