Update your password regularly to keep your account safe.
Elite Status Progress
With Lifetime Diamond, there is no expiration and no re-qualifying for your status - ever again!
Skip brand navigation
Where do you want to go?
City, Airport, Address, Attraction, Hotel
No search results found.
results were found. Press up and down key to select.
Use flexible dates
AAA Rate *
AARP Rate *
Senior Rate *
Government / Military Rates *
* ID required at check-in
Skip secondary navigation
Salinity Breakfast Menu (PDF)Salinity Lunch Menu (PDF)Salinity Dinner Starters Menu (PDF)Salinity Dinner Main Course Menu (PDF)Salinity Dessert Menu (PDF)
Salinity In-Room Dining Menu (PDF)
The Hilton Cabana Miami Beach hotel's on-site restaurant Allison Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, in a beautiful setting with the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. To enhance your dining experience, our Executive Chef makes his own finishing salt to season local seafood dishes at Allison Restaurant. Sea salt is salt produced from the evaporation of seawater, rather than by being extracted from sedimentary deposits.
At Allison Restaurant, you'll experience seafood seasoned the way it should be. Our Executive Chef produces his own sea salt to provide you the best flavor possible. Some gourmets believe sea salt tastes better with a better texture than ordinary table salt. "Being able to season local fish with salt made from the same area gives a clean mineral taste and brings a humble dish a step higher", says the hotel's Executive Chef.
1. Pick a beautiful morning at low tide and collect your sea water
2. Progressively filter out everything from the water…shells, sand, seaweed. Use a large stainless steel strainer then move to specialized paper cone filters or coffee filters
3. In a large copper or stainless steel pot bring the water up to a boil for 10 minutes and then reduce to a low simmer until 95% of the water is gone and large crystals have started forming on the bottom of the pot
4. Gently remove the crystals from the pot and place onto a steel sheet pan with pan liner or silicone pad, place in an oven on low fan set at 200 degrees Fahrenheit and check every 30 minutes until the salt is completely dried out
5. An alternative to placing in the oven would be to place the damp crystals onto a screen lined tray for a home dehydrator and run on low fan and low heat until completely dried out
6. Break into whatever size you want and enjoy!