Things To Do
A 15-minute train ride takes you from the railway station in Schiphol Airport to the heart of Amsterdam, where you'll find world-famous museums and galleries like Rijksmuseum and Hermitage, legendary nightlife, colorful markets, many retail and dining options, and iconic cultural attractions. Take a boat tour along the city's meandering canals and waterways, and discover the many historical buildings and tourist hotspots along the way. For more flexibility, choose a hop-on, hop-off 'canal bus', which lets you disembark at most popular Amsterdam attractions. Tour the historic former brewery at The Heineken Experience, or simply people watch in a relaxed, canal side café.
Discover the hidden gems
In addition to exploring the center of Amsterdam, the city's trendy neighborhoods are a must see. Discover a different side of Amsterdam through the unique boutiques, cultural events and festivals, locals' favorite hot spots and much more. Explore each neighborhood and experience Amsterdam just like the locals do!
- Art Zuid 17 May - 15 September 2019. Visit the sixth edition of Art Zuid, the international exhibition with more than 60 figurative sculptures and spatial installation arts, located in Amsterdam Zuid. The free exhibition is accessible 24/7 and includes artist talks, debates, an educational program, art walks and art happenings.
- Pride Amsterdam 27 July - 4 August 2019. World famous annual gay cultural event held over a week, the highlight is the spectacular canal parade around the Prinsengracht canal and river Amstel which attracts large crowds.
- Grachtenfestival 9-18 August 2019. The Grachtenfestival is all about music. Young musicians from all over the world surprise you with their own musical story. With Amsterdam as their stage.
- Uitmarkt 24-26 August 2019. The Uitmarkt rings in the new cultural season each year, inspiring, entertaining and astounding theatre, music, book and film lovers alike.
- Amsterdam Dance Event 16-20 October 2019. The Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE) is the leading conference and festival for the whole spectrum of electronic subgenres, with more than 1000 events spread out over almost 200 avenues.
- Amsterdam Light Festival 28 November 2019 - 19 January 2020. Experience the open-air exhibition "Disrupt!" from the Amsterdam waters and visit one of the many light art activities during the eighth edition of Amsterdam Light Festival!
- Coolest Rink 18-28 January 2020. For an entire month, the stadium will host an impressive oval ice track as well as custom rinks, stages and food and drink in the middle of the field.
In and Around Town
The best way to experience the beautiful canals of Amsterdam is by boat. Our concierge can assist in organizing a variety of canal rides.
Historic City Centre
Cobbled streets, canals and historical monuments. Dam Square, Red Light District. Just a 15min tram ride away.
Good or bad weather, there is always something to do in the most famous square of Amsterdam.Dam Square
Concertgebouw (Concert Hall)
An impressive building hosting a wide variety of concerts. Classical, jazz & modern.
Van Gogh Museum
One of Holland's most famous museums. In Museum Square, open daily.
National museum of Holland. Famous artwork & exhibitions. In Museum Square, 15 mins from hotel, open daily.
Museum of contemporary and modern art. In Museum Square, open daily.
Anne Frank House
One of most important historical sites in Holland. Located 25mins from hotel along the Prinsengracht canal.
Historic brewery and visitor centre. Open daily.Heineken Experience
RAI Convention Center
International exhibition hall and conference center.RAI Convention Center
No matter the season Vondelpark remains to be the peaceful oasis in the middle of the city.
The micro-neighbourhood made of small streets that straddle the biggest canals of Amsterdam.