Things To Do
A 15-minute train ride takes you from the railway station in Schiphol Airport to the heart of Amsterdam, where you'll find world-famous museums and galleries like Rijksmuseum and Hermitage, legendary nightlife, colorful markets, many retail and dining options, and iconic cultural attractions. Take a boat tour along the city's meandering canals and waterways, and discover the many historical buildings and tourist hotspots along the way. For more flexibility, choose a hop-on, hop-off 'canal bus', which lets you disembark at most popular Amsterdam attractions. Tour the historic former brewery at The Heineken Experience, or simply people watch in a relaxed, canal side café.
Discover the hidden gems
In addition to exploring the center of Amsterdam, the city's trendy neighborhoods are a must see. Discover a different side of Amsterdam through the unique boutiques, cultural events and festivals, locals' favorite hot spots and much more. Explore each neighborhood and experience Amsterdam just like the locals do!
- Amsterdam Light Festival 28 November 2019 - 19 January 2020. Experience the open-air exhibition "Disrupt!" from the Amsterdam waters and visit one of the many light art activities during the eighth edition of Amsterdam Light Festival!
- Coolest Rink 16 November 2019 - 2 February 2020. For an entire month, the stadium will host an impressive oval ice track as well as custom rinks, stages and food and drink in the middle of the field.
- Keukenhof 21 March - 10 May 2020 Each spring, the Keukenhof Gardens in Lisse come alive with blooming flowers in every colour of the rainbow.
- Formula 1 Dutch Grand Prix 2020 3 May 2020 After 35 years, Formula 1 is returning to Zandvoort (pronounced zand-fort) for the Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix 2020.
- UEFA EURO 2020 14, 18, 22 & 27 June 2020. Johan Cruijff ArenA is where the Dutch national team play their international games. It will host three Group C matches and one round of sixteen for the UEFA EURO 2020.
In and Around Town
The best way to experience the beautiful canals of Amsterdam is by boat. Our concierge can assist in organizing a variety of canal rides.
Historic City Centre
Cobbled streets, canals and historical monuments. Dam Square, Red Light District. Just a 15min tram ride away.
Good or bad weather, there is always something to do in the most famous square of Amsterdam.Dam Square
Concertgebouw (Concert Hall)
An impressive building hosting a wide variety of concerts. Classical, jazz & modern.
Van Gogh Museum
One of Holland's most famous museums. In Museum Square, open daily.
National museum of Holland. Famous artwork & exhibitions. In Museum Square, 15 mins from hotel, open daily.
Museum of contemporary and modern art. In Museum Square, open daily.
Anne Frank House
One of most important historical sites in Holland. Located 25mins from hotel along the Prinsengracht canal.
Historic brewery and visitor centre. Open daily.Heineken Experience
RAI Convention Center
International exhibition hall and conference center.RAI Convention Center
No matter the season Vondelpark remains to be the peaceful oasis in the middle of the city.
The micro-neighbourhood made of small streets that straddle the biggest canals of Amsterdam.