Things To Do
A 15-minute train ride takes you from the railway station in Schiphol Airport to the heart of Amsterdam, where you'll find world-famous museums and galleries like Rijksmuseum and Hermitage, legendary nightlife, colorful markets, lots of retail and dining options, and iconic cultural attractions.
Take a boat tour of the city's meandering canals and waterways, allowing you to see many historical buildings and tourist hotspots in a short time. For more flexibility, choose a hop-on, hop-off 'canal bus', which lets you disembark at most popular Amsterdam attractions. Tour the historic former brewery at The Heineken Experience, or simply people watch in a relaxed, canal side café.
Discover the Hidden Gems
Besides discovering the center of Amsterdam, we highly recommend visiting the trendy neighborhoods of the city. Local boutiques, cultural events and festivals, Dutchies' favorite hot spots and much more will show you a different side of Amsterdam. Explore each of the neighborhoods and experience Amsterdam just like the locals do!
- Amsterdam Light Festival 28 November 2019 - 19 January 2020. Experience the open-air exhibition "Disrupt!" from the Amsterdam waters and visit one of the many light art activities during the eighth edition of Amsterdam Light Festival!
- Keukenhof 21 March - 10 May 2020. Keukenhof, the best day out among the flowers! Over 7 million bulbs will bloom this spring, with a total of 800 varieties of tulips. A unique, unforgettable experience!
- Coolest Rink 16 November 2019 - 2 February 2020. For an entire month, the stadium will host an impressive oval ice track as well as custom rinks, stages and food and drink in the middle of the field.
- Formula 1 Dutch Grand Prix 2020 3 May 2020 After 35 years, Formula 1 is returning to Zandvoort (pronounced zand-fort) for the Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix 2020.
- UEFA EURO 2020 14, 18, 22 & 27 June 2020. Johan Cruijff ArenA is where the Dutch national team play their international games. It will host three Group C matches and one round of sixteen for the UEFA EURO 2020.
In and Around Town
A'DAM Lookout Tower
Get a breathtaking 360° view of Amsterdam. Thrill-seekers can fly over the tower’s edge on a giant swing.A'DAM Lookout Tower
Take a canal boat tour in Amsterdam, one of the most memorable ways to discover the city’s historical center.
Amsterdam City Center
Cobbled streets, canals and historical monuments. Dam Square, Red Light District are just a 15 minute train ride away.
Picturesque traditional Dutch fishing village. 40 minutes by car.
Traditional Dutch town, featuring windmills, cheese-makers and beautiful scenery. 20 minutes by car.
Discover the Amsterdam’s typical sense of humor and laid back atmosphere at the AlbertCuyp Market.
National museum of the Netherlands. Famous artwork & exhibitions. Located at Museum Square. Open daily.
Van Gogh Museum
One of the Netherland's most famous museums. In Museum Square. Open daily.
Anne Frank House
One of the most important historical sites in the Netherlands. Located along the Prinsengracht canal.
Nearby mall located at the airport terminal. An array of shops and dining options.
The micro-neighbourhood made of small streets that straddle the biggest canals of Amsterdam.
RAI Convention Center
International exhibition hall and conference center. 10 minutes away by train.