Things To Do
A 15-minute train ride takes you from the railway station in Schiphol Airport to the heart of Amsterdam, where you'll find world-famous museums and galleries like Rijksmuseum and Hermitage, legendary nightlife, colorful markets, lots of retail and dining options, and iconic cultural attractions.
Take a boat tour of the city's meandering canals and waterways, allowing you to see many historical buildings and tourist hotspots in a short time. For more flexibility, choose a hop-on, hop-off 'canal bus', which lets you disembark at most popular Amsterdam attractions. Tour the historic former brewery at The Heineken Experience, or simply people watch in a relaxed, canal side café.
Discover the Hidden Gems
Besides discovering the center of Amsterdam, we highly recommend visiting the trendy neighborhoods of the city. Local boutiques, cultural events and festivals, Dutchies' favorite hot spots and much more will show you a different side of Amsterdam. Explore each of the neighborhoods and experience Amsterdam just like the locals do!
- Rembrandt's Social Network 1-28 February 2019. Museum Rembrandt house present Rembrandt's social network exhibition marks three and a half centuries after his death.
- Keukenhof 21 March - 19 May 2019. Keukenhof is the most beautiful spring garden in the world. More than seven million tulips fill over 32 hectares with color and fragrance
- DGTL Festival 29-31 March 2019. Encompassing multiple stages throughout NDSM complex, mixing up established and new DJs as well as acts along with an artistic lighting and stage designs.
- Tulip Festival 31 March - 31 April 2019. Tulips will be on display across the city, from Noord to Zuidoost and Oost to Nieuw-West. Enjoy the beatiful display of tulips on 85 locations across Amsterdam.
- Kings Day 27 April 2019. Its time to celebrate the king's birthday and enjoy the biggest, most colorful festivities in the Netherlands
- Amsterdam Light Festival 29 November - 20 January 2020. Discover the beautiful city center and its canal in the limelight
In and Around Town
A'DAM Lookout Tower
Get a breathtaking 360° view of Amsterdam. Thrill-seekers can fly over the tower’s edge on a giant swing.A'DAM Lookout Tower
Take a canal boat tour in Amsterdam, one of the most memorable ways to discover the city’s historical center.
Amsterdam City Center
Cobbled streets, canals and historical monuments. Dam Square, Red Light District are just a 15 minute train ride away.
Picturesque traditional Dutch fishing village. 40 minutes by car.
Traditional Dutch town, featuring windmills, cheese-makers and beautiful scenery. 20 minutes by car.
Discover the Amsterdam’s typical sense of humor and laid back atmosphere at the AlbertCuyp Market.
National museum of the Netherlands. Famous artwork & exhibitions. Located at Museum Square. Open daily.
Van Gogh Museum
One of the Netherland's most famous museums. In Museum Square. Open daily.
Anne Frank House
One of the most important historical sites in the Netherlands. Located along the Prinsengracht canal.
Nearby mall located at the airport terminal. An array of shops and dining options.
The micro-neighbourhood made of small streets that straddle the biggest canals of Amsterdam.
RAI Convention Center
International exhibition hall and conference center. 10 minutes away by train.