Things To Do
A 15-minute train ride takes you from the railway station in Schiphol Airport to the heart of Amsterdam, where you'll find world-famous museums and galleries like Rijksmuseum and Hermitage, legendary nightlife, colorful markets, lots of retail and dining options, and iconic cultural attractions.
Take a boat tour of the city's meandering canals and waterways, allowing you to see many historical buildings and tourist hotspots in a short time. For more flexibility, choose a hop-on, hop-off 'canal bus', which lets you disembark at most popular Amsterdam attractions. Tour the historic former brewery at The Heineken Experience, or simply people watch in a relaxed, canal side café.
DISCOVER THE HIDDEN GEMS
Besides discovering the center of Amsterdam, we highly recommend visiting the trendy neighborhoods of the city. Local boutiques, cultural events and festivals, Dutchies' favorite hot spots and much more will show you a different side of Amsterdam. Explore each of the neighborhoods and experience Amsterdam just like the locals do!
- Amsterdam Dance Event 17-22 October. Five-day Electronic music festival staging 2,500 artist around the globe performing in 140 of the best clubs in Amsterdam
- TCS Marathon Amsterdam, 21 October. One of the worlds best marathon events held annually in Amsterdam. It is definitely not an event to be missed!
- PAN Amsterdam 18-25 November. Fair for art, antiques and design enthusiast. There are more than 110 gallery owners, antique and art dealers at PAN Amsterdam with an assortment of collection
- Amsterdam Art Event 22-25 November. Amsterdam Art Weekend returns to the city every November offering art enthusiast the chance to delve into Amsterdam vibrant contemporary art scene
- Amsterdam Light Festival 29 November - 20 January. Discover the beautiful city center and its canal in the limelight
In and Around Town
A'DAM Lookout Tower
Get a breathtaking 360° view of Amsterdam. Thrill-seekers can fly over the tower’s edge on a giant swing.A'DAM Lookout Tower
Take a canal boat tour in Amsterdam, one of the most memorable ways to discover the city’s historical center.
Amsterdam City Center
Cobbled streets, canals and historical monuments. Dam Square, Red Light District are just a 15 minute train ride away.
Picturesque traditional Dutch fishing village. 40 minutes by car.
Traditional Dutch town, featuring windmills, cheese-makers and beautiful scenery. 20 minutes by car.
Discover the Amsterdam’s typical sense of humor and laid back atmosphere at the AlbertCuyp Market.
National museum of the Netherlands. Famous artwork & exhibitions. Located at Museum Square. Open daily.
Van Gogh Museum
One of the Netherland's most famous museums. In Museum Square. Open daily.
Anne Frank House
One of the most important historical sites in the Netherlands. Located along the Prinsengracht canal.
Nearby mall located at the airport terminal. An array of shops and dining options.
The micro-neighbourhood made of small streets that straddle the biggest canals of Amsterdam.
RAI Convention Center
International exhibition hall and conference center. 10 minutes away by train.